Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Vertical Growing Cucumbers, Watermelons, Pumpkins, and Canteloupe

This year, we are growing our vine crops up a cage. This is a great space saving idea. Basically, the way my cages are built, the vine of any plant can get to be 8-10' before it ever hits the ground if trellised properly and supported. Even then, you can just feed the vines bag inside the cage. Below are some pics of our vertical grown crops.

Vertically Grown Cucumbers Caged

Photobucket

Vertically Grown Watermelon Caged

Photobucket

Photobucket

Squash grown up a garden trellis.

Photobucket

Vertically Grown Giant Pumpkins Caged

Photobucket

Vertically Grown Canteloupe Caged

Photobucket

2 comments:

Rhonda Gales said...

I'm looking for a method to grow my watermelon, pumpkins, squash etc. vertically. Curious as to how you built your cages.

PepperGuy said...

I used old field fence. I make all my tomato cages out of it as well.