Saturday, September 5, 2009

UPDATED Home Made Chile Pepper Roaster

I made some modifications to the roaster today. I did away with the wood legs and made steel legs out of an old basketball goal. I attached a shelf to the top and added a hinged door with handle for opening the roaster. I am ready for the big roast tomorrow. I think we are also going to cook steak on the same fire we roast on. The steak has been marinating in the fridge for the last 12 hours or so.

peppers,peppers hot peppers,hot peppers,roaster,chile,chile roaster,harvest,new mexico gren chile,new mexico

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, thanks for visiting my http://greengardenworm.wordpress.com/ blog.

Hey, I like your blog, and think your pepper roaster is a neat idea. I'm a welder and thing when I have time I will build one. I'll keep you posted on my progress.
I have added your blog to my must follow list, grinning.

Anonymous said...

hey pepper guy, i'm patiently awaiting your new video. did you get to roast some peppers yesterday (sept. 6'th). i've been enjoying your adventures with coming up with the proper device. thinking the steel legs will be a vast improvement on not "burning" your peppers, or machine. my one question i haven't seen you address, unless i missed it, was what material the basket is made of? is it stainless? ok, keep up the good work.

i'm about to "improvise" a smoker from a water heater tank and will have the fire in it with a 10 foot + or - section of stove pipe, which will then go into the holding device with racks for the peppers. hoping to smoke a bunch of jals for chipotle. look for my post on garden web peppers for t-bob and his chipotle smoker. i'm guessing it might look a bit hillbilly....oh well, thats what prototypes might be---good luck---texas bob

PepperGuy said...

The cage is made out of steel mesh used to cover your gutters. I bought it at a home improvement store for like $8 for a 3'x6' piece. I will try to get the new videos up today.